Monday, June 28

Missing in Action!

Sheesh! I've been MIA for a while now. I was gone on vacation for the Theatre Communications Group Conference in lovely Chicago, which is such a wonderful city. Not sure if I could live with the humidity/crazy thunderstorms, but the theatre, architecture and public gathering spaces all blew my mind (again). I got to see Itsoseng at Chicago Shakespeare Theatre, a one-man retelling of life in a South African township, The Farnsworth Invention, the story of television came to be, Hephaestus: A Circus Tale, done by the ever-creative Lookingglass Theatre Company,  and finally, Fuerza Bruta: Look Up, an experience unlike any other I've had in the theatre. See the trailer here!


I had my 2 year anniversary with the boyfriend on Friday. He planned a drive down Pacific Coast Highway, with lunch, beach, movie, dinner, and dessert stops along the way. My favorite was k'ya bistro bar in Laguna, which served the most delicious tapas, including lobster macaroni and cheese! Mmm. What a perfect summertime beach day. He also got me the Regretsy book, which is just as hilarious as the website.  We also made an evening trip to The Getty, which has to be the most gorgeous spot in LA.



On Wednesday morning, I'm off to Sausalito (which reminds me of the Conor Oberst song I love) with some friends. I've been to San Francisco so many times, but never stayed in Marin County, so I'm quite excited about that. Should be beautiful! Then, on the 3rd, a friend's wedding in Pismo Beach, and on the 4th, a pool party in Los Angeles.

The tales of an adventurer! Happy summer to all in the meantime.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails